If you experience any of the below;
Here are some (but not all) forms of sexual harassment:
- emphasising the sex of a person or group in a negative way
- suggestive and/or unwelcome sexual comments or gestures
- unnecessary and/or unwelcome physical contact
- pulling at or lifting someone's clothing and/or exposing their body (in public or private) without consent
- unwelcome, sexually explicit comments or language via the internet
- displaying or sending pornographic, degrading or indecent images electronically then you must seek help . If you are on campus then you should report it to the university in the first instance and they will call the emergency services if necessary.
If you are on
- Colchester campus contact the information centre on Square 2, either in person or by calling extension 2222 or 01206 872222
- Southend campus contact University Square Reception either in person or by calling 01702 328400 or 07827 988085
- Loughton campus contact reception during office hours on extension 5983 or 020 8508 5983 or security from 5pm til midnight (Monday to Saturday) on 07825 670709.
If it is a non-emergency then you can report it online and someone will contact you within 3 working days, or you may decide to report an incident anonymously. This means that the incident will be logged for statistical purposes, however we are unable to take any direct action on anonymous reports.